For Immediate Release
Aurora Networks to Showcase its Innovative Fiber-to-the-Premises Solutions at FTTH Conference & Expo
Featured FTTP technologies highlight company’s leadership in delivering all optical IP Ethernet-based services to the home or commercial customers
SANTA CLARA, CA – September 17, 2012 – Aurora Networks, Inc., the No. 1 optical transport solutions provider for cable operators, will showcase its innovative Fiber-to-the-Premises (FTTP) product line that is driving the evolution of broadband operators at this year’s FTTH Conference & Expo, taking place September 23-27 in Dallas, Texas. The company will also introduce new additions to its end-to-end FTTP solutions.
Aurora Networks is dedicated to designing, engineering, and commercializing FTTP solutions that enable standards-based delivery of services to residential homes and businesses. Aurora Networks’ FTTP portfolio includes optical node-based RFoG, RFPON, Node PON™ and the Trident7® chassis-based solution. As operators migrate towards an all-IP network, the Trident7 platform is ideal, supporting EPON, GPON and point-to-point Ethernet.
In addition, Aurora Networks will be participating in the following workshops and speaking sessions at this year’s event:
- On Sunday, September 23, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., Shridhar Kulkarni, product manager, will be participating in the FTTH Advanced Technology Workshop titled, “PON Architectures: Thinking Beyond Bandwidth,” located in room PC-102.
- On Sunday, September 23, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Brian Lane, product manager, will be participating in the FTTH Advanced Technology Workshop titled “IPv6 for Service Providers: Challenges in FTTx Implementations,” located in room PC-103.
- On Monday, September 24, from 9:45 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., James Farmer, chief network architect, will be participating in the Track Session Series 100 panel titled, “Video, Video, What Are You Doing?” which will take place in room T-101-I.
Aurora Networks will display its industry-changing FTTP product line at booth #119. Leading experts from the company will be on-site to discuss industry trends and answer questions on solutions and technologies.
What Aurora Networks Says
"Operators are looking for new and high-quality FTTP solutions that enable a seamless delivery of fiber-transported services to businesses and homes,” said John Dahlquist, vice president, marketing, Aurora Networks. “Leading the evolution of the broadband industry, Aurora Networks’ innovative solutions portfolio will be instrumental in paving the way for the future as operators look to enable their networks to meet the ever-growing demand for capacity-per-subscriber."
Aurora Networks' Solutions at FTTH Conference & Expo
- PON portfolio that enables broadband operators to cost-effectively deliver all optical IP Ethernet-based services to the home or commercial customer. The extensive PON portfolio includes Node PON, Trident7 platforms and Element Management System, and a comprehensive selection of Optical Network Terminals (ONTs).
- RFoG and RFPON (RFoG plus PON) solutions that support both direct-fed and distributed RFoG architectures. Aurora Networks will feature its RFoG CPE product range along with its VHub™ and PON technology. The solutions enable a very cost-effective way for operators to deliver services, in particular video, over fiber.
About Aurora Networks
Aurora Networks is evolving cable by focusing on innovative solutions that build future-proof networks to accommodate the cable subscriber services of today and tomorrow. Aurora Networks is the only pure-play optical transport solution provider that is focused primarily on cable operators. Using its proven understanding of cable networks, Aurora Networks delivers unique solutions - such as its Fiber Deep architecture and digital return technology - to address specific issues of the cable industry. A technology leader driven by innovation and industry-firsts, Aurora Networks enables leading cable operators across the globe to compete with a cost-effective, optimized launch pad for next-generation cable services. To learn more about Aurora Networks’ core cable solutions, please call 408-235-7000 or visit www.aurora.com.
Aurora Networks, the Aurora Networks logo and Trident7 are registered trademarks of Aurora Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other marks are the property of their respective owners and are used here only for identification purposes.